Translate

Friday 12 April 2019

The Most Hated Man in the World

The Most Hated Man in the World is a new collection of poems from Andreas Stvarinides.

The poems are breathtaking. They are complex, simple, amusing, horrifying, uplifting, long, short, tall, thin, broad. Sometimes all of those things in the one poem.

From Only the Wind, the first poem to In the Ranks of the Free Men, these poems are filled with wonder, with joy, happiness, sadness and wit.

This book of poems, all 330 pages, will be on my bedside cabinet, being read every evening, for a long while to come. Some of them I will read again and again.

It is published at £9.99 by Matador and I will enjoy reading these poems knowing that readers of my book review blog will also buy this book and be reading the same poems that I am reading.

I think I like that idea.

This is Andreas' first book of poems. I hope there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for leaving a comment.